Come From Contribution



ALWAYS COME FROM CONTRIBUTION

All to often people are asking, requesting, needing, wanting, taking, and using everything they can get. People forget the position of coming from contribution.   They forget about the answering, giving, providing, loving, & thanking.

A year ago my coach directed me to read a book called "The Magic" by Rhonda Byrne. After a week went by, I was on my coaching call again and he asked me what I thought of the book. I said I had not read it, but ordered the book and it was coming that day. Another week passes and he asks again. I told him I read through the beginning, but was looking forward to getting through it that week and reporting back. Directly, he informed me, "It's not that kind of book.... " He mentioned I would be reading one section every day and following through with each section's instructions. Confused by that statement, I was intrigued and continued to read to find out what he was talking about.  As I read the first Section of instruction, I thought to myself, "I'm a pretty grateful person" and decided I was going to be sure to follow through with this and do as I was told.   As I progressed through the book, it quickly became apparent I could stand to improve in every way in this area of gratitude.  As I focused my energy daily of being positive, thankful and perform the daily activities, magically things started to happen.  "The Magic" changed my mindset and my awareness of the power of gratitude and the amazing results from contribution.

Asking for help has never been something I've been completely comfortable with.  After sharing this with him, Jayson Schlesinger, my coach, asked me why I was depriving others the opportunity to help me and the feeling they get from helping me.  I giggled and didn't understand what he was talking about. It wasn't until I started coaching and helping others with their investing careers and careers in real estate that I realized what he was talking about.

Why did I feel like I was bothering others when I was asking for help?   Now that I'm coaching and mentoring others, I realize the people I love helping the most are those who have something to offer.  Those who come from the approach of, "What can I do for you?" (Coming from Contribution), were so much fun to help.  I loved the energy they projected and the "Magic" that was created when they approached me.  Whether or not they were able to help me or not, was of no importance. It was the feeling and energy they approached with that made me want to help them.  More often than not, it's been my experience that when you ask "What can I do for you" rather than "What can you do for ME" people are way more perceptive and almost excited about the opportunity (just like Jayson told me they would be).

Giving can be so rewarding. I am sooooo thankful for being given the opportunity to be in the position to help others and extremely pleased with the growth in my life, spiritually & mentally.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virtual Career Night by Ginger Marphis

Navigating ways to Avoid Probate

Technology for Smart Homes